The following clauses provide the visitor of the carnegie-fund-services.ch website, with explanations on how Carnegie Fund Services Limited, with its registered office at 11, rue du Général-Dufour, 1204 Geneva, Switzerland (“CFS”) processes personal data. To contact CFS, please visit: https://carnegie-fund-services.ch/en/contact/. The processing of personal data encompasses the collection, storage, use, revision, disclosure, archiving and/or destruction of data and is done in compliance with the applicable data protection legislation.
- Personal data collected by CFS
- Why personal data is collected
All personal data, such as the IP-address or country of residence, or in case of contact the full name or email address, is collected for the purposes of optimizing the navigation on the website or to answer queries.
- How personal data is collected, used and retained
CFS collects personal data when a visitor navigates on the carnegie-fund-services.ch website or contacts us by letter, telephone, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or any other means of electronic or personal communication, to the extent applicable law allows us to do so, i.e. if:
- the visitor has provided his consent;
- necessary to perform contractual obligations;
- necessary to comply with legal obligations;
- legitimate interests, which are not overridden by the visitors’ interests or fundamental rights and freedoms, allow for it.
The data will be processed and held by CFS in accordance with the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection (“FADP”) of 19 June 1992 as amended, and the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) of 27 April 2016 as amended, which entered into force on 25 May 2018.
All personal data collected by CFS is processed in Switzerland. The only exception concerns the transfer of data generated by cookies in relation with the use of Google Analytics. For further information, please refer to clause “8. Google Analytics” below.
For the improvement of services, and in the interest of security, communications between the visitor and CFS may be recorded and monitored. All recordings belong to CFS.
CFS will only use personal data for the purposes for which it was collected. If personal data has been anonymised and can no longer be associated with a person, it shall no longer qualify as personal data.
CFS strives to keep the data processing to a minimum. Personal data shall be held by CFS to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and processed. Personal Data will only be retained for as long as necessary.
- With whom data will be shared
Data will only be shared with selected business partners of CFS who adhere to the FADP resp. GDPR if this has to be done because of the query of a visitor having contacted us. These third parties will use the data only to fulfil the service rendered to CFS and not for their own purposes.
CFS will use its best efforts, not to transfer your data to a jurisdiction that is not recognized by the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner and the European Commission of granting adequate data protection. However, information about the use of the website generated by cookies (such as web browser and version used, IP address) is transmitted to a Google server in the United States and stored there (please refer to clause “8. Google Analytics” below).
- Visitors’ rights in relation to collected data by CFS
A visitor may exercise individual rights in relation to personal data where applicable, namely to:
- request information on how personal data and privacy is processed;
- request to access personal data;
- request the rectification of personal data;
- request the removal of personal data (‘right to be forgotten’);
- request the restriction of processing of personal data;
- request and receive a copy of personal data (‘right to data portability’);
- object to the processing of personal data;
- withdraw consent for the processing of personal data;
- under certain circumstances, lodge a complaint to the Office of the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (“FDPIC”) https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html or, as the case may be, any other competent supervisory authority of an EU member state, or another jurisdiction.
If a visitor wishes to exercise the above-mentioned individual rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer by emailing email@example.com.
While the exercise of any individual rights mentioned above will be free of charge, a reasonable fee may be exceptionally charged if such requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive. CFS may refuse to comply with the request under such circumstances.
The cookies that are used on the website can be categorised into the following groups:
- Cookies which aid navigation through the website and are essential for the website to work properly. These cookies may expire at the end of your browser session (i.e. when Microsoft Internet Explorer or another web browser is closed).
- ‘Analytical’ cookies which enable the understanding on how visitors got to our website and use it (see also the provision below 8. Google Analytics). This information helps to improve the way carnegie-fund-services.ch works and to assist visitors in finding the content they need quickly. Some of these cookies only exist in the visitors’ current browser session whereas other cookies will last for a longer period, as they provide useful information about repeated visits to the website.
- Cookies that improve Visitor experience but are not essential for the website to work. On the website, this type of cookie is used as a ‘remember me’ function.
- Google Analytics
carnegie-fund-services.ch uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Through Google Analytics, dates, sessions and interactions can be allocated across several devices to one pseudonymous user ID and therefore analyse the activities of a user on several devices. The information sent to Google through this analysis service permits the anonymous evaluation of the use of www.carnegie-fund-services.ch, as well as the establishment of reports on the website activities.
- Security of the personal data
CFS endeavours to ensure the security and integrity of the visitors’ personal data through adequate and reasonable technical measures.
- Data Protection Officer
Queries in relation with the processing of personal data can be directed to the Data Protection Officer of CFS at the following address or using the email address shown below:
Carnegie Fund Services Ltd.
Rue du Général-Dufour 11
CH – 1204 Genève
Carnegie Fund Services Ltd.
is authorised and regulated by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority, FINMA.